As the leader in Transportation Management Systems (TMS) for parcel shipping, Logistyx helps businesses reduce shipping costs, boost efficiency and enhance customer service. Our SaaS-based solutions empower brands, manufacturers, retailers, and logistics providers to achieve on-time delivery in full while significantly increasing revenue per shipment. Our corporate headquarters are in Illinois, but our opportunities know no bounds. From Singapore to Chicago, we’re a multidisciplinary team of trailblazers, strategists, developers, and relationship makers.
As Junior Support Engineer you are supporting our Transport Management Solutions for a global customer base. First level support is mainly provided by our customers addressing basic operational functionality. The Logistyx Support Engineer is addressing the functionality of our applications, e.g. issues raised include the resolution of processing, logic, and manifesting errors. In addition, software configuration, report building and creating carrier status integrations is also part of this role.
- Address customer questions and concerns regarding Logistyx’ products by answering e-mails or incoming phone calls from customers and troubleshoot technical problems in a fast and clear manner.
- The Junior Support Engineer builds further upon the analysis of issues raised by our customers’ level 1 support. The analysis aims to resolve issues structurally and to prevent (new) problems pro-actively.
- Produce high-quality analysis explaining the issue that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience. It explains the current situation versus the (desired/proposed) solution.
- Document interactions with the customers via the ticket system including a clear root cause and implemented solution.
- Signalling wishes of customers and translate these in change requests for new functionality.
- Software configuration, report building and creating carrier status integrations.
- Conduct training and support project managers in case of new and existing project implementations.
- Work with the customer and internal teams to perform quality assurance testing.
- Execute troubleshooting when required e.g. during project rollouts.
- Document support procedures, building a knowledgebase.
- Functional and business process knowledge of the Logistics and Supply Chain industry, as well as experience with logistics, transportation and shipping software is preferred.
- Excellent organization and technical problem-solving skills based in detailed analysis.
- Knowledge of SQL, Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle is a must.
- Knowledge of JSON and XML
- Work closely with software engineering to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Basic familiarity with software engineering, being able to read code i.e. C# is preferred
- Ability to work with deadlines and customers expecting fast and clear answers.
- Ability to get to the root cause of the issues by asking clear questions. You will keep on asking, remain calm while focussing on solving the problem.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team while also performing strongly without constant supervision.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, handle shifting priorities and troubleshoot
- The service delivery team operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day from offices in Zaandam, Chicago, and Singapore. Working hours are flexible but you will be expected to undertake evening shifts or weekend work as part of a rotating schedule.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent verbal & written skills in English.
- 2 years of working experience is preferred.
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative, working relationships