Logistyx Technologies is seeking a Senior Product Owner for its Parcel Transportation Management System (TMS) platform.
This is an exciting time to join the Logistyx Product team! The team is expanding and is working toward the modernization of our TMS platform. The Senior Product Owner role is a valued role within the product management organization whose effort and dedication can directly result in the success of the company. This is an independent contributor role that will work under the guidance of the VP Product Management and will be responsible for helping to inform and execute the roadmap for our TMS platform. You will work to perform the quantification and qualification of our customers’ and other stakeholder needs and translate those needs into detailed requirements. You will work in close partnership with a cross functional team including, Developers, Testers (QA), Professional Services, Support and Sales personnel throughout each stage of the software development lifecycle. This job requires an experienced software Product Owner/Business Analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a big picture thinker who is detailed orientated and is willing to incorporate their experience to deliver new products and grow the organization by recommending and instituting product management/business analysis best practice, tools and methodology toward standardization of PO/BA deliverables and procedures and collaborating with Development and QA leads to uphold and improve Agile Scrum processes.
- Inform and support the execution of the product roadmap
- Conduct discovery to develop high-level feature and product definitions
- Support market research to inform the problem statements and requirements
- Support gathering competitor information
- Decompose high-level information into details and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs or problems.
- Work directly with customers to understand their needs/problems and translate their needs into requirements.
- Develop requirements in the form of epics and user stories and work with UX, QA and developers to refine user stories.
- Serve as the Senior Product Owner for an Agile development team, providing guidance as needed during the development process
- Solicit feedback from external and internal customers throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Work with development and QA, and key stakeholders to communicate, verify and test the desired functionality changes.
- Responsible for the health and prioritization of the product backlog
- Demonstrate new and existing functionality to customers and stakeholders.
- Support development of internal and customer facing documentation (e.g. product documentation, release announcements, release notes, presentations).
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers to identify needs and continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
- Support planning and management of product release and launch plans to confirm all departments are prepared for the product release.
- Work with individuals across the company during all aspects of the product development process, from ideation through release
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software professional/Sr. Business Analyst/Product Management role delivering and maintaining B2B software products for enterprise applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or an equivalent combination of education and related business experience
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to understand and represent the needs to the end user in a software development environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, client representatives, product manager, software developers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience soliciting user requirements and feedback from both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively
- Ability to work comfortably and fluidly in an evolving environment.
- Experience in product release management and supporting Go-To-Market activities
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Pragmatic Institute Certification a strong plus
- Certified Scrum Product Owner is a strong plus.
- Logistics Supply Chain industry expertise is a strong plus.