The foundation of Logistyx Technologies LLC is our customer service. Our Service Desk is in place to respond and resolve issues as quickly as possible to maintain the customer’s normal operation. The Service Desk Technician is the first line of support for our customers and must be able to diagnose and resolve issues in a timely manner or determine when escalation is necessary, all the while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor. Also, at times, Service Desk Technicians may be asked to perform some tasks part of an Integrations project.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Answer all Support Desk calls and emails from customers and create detailed service tickets in ConnectWise PSA with all information that will help facilitate a diagnosis and resolution.
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve assigned service tickets relating to software and technologies such as: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, VB Script code, Logistyx Software, ConnectShip Progistics, FedEx FSMS, DHL Express Cyclone, UPS SCS Gemini, Endicia Label Server, and others.
- Install software upgrades and patches for any software packages supported by the customer’s Service Level Agreement.
- Work with vendor software support technicians to resolve issues.
- Quickly determine if a service ticket will require escalation and provide all necessary information to senior support.
- Maintain communication with the customer until the issue is resolved.
- Maintain assigned service ticket statuses and keep written record of work performed in ConnectWise PSA.
- Provide 24/7 on call support technician on a rotating one week period for emergency Paid Support or Platinum Support Contract holders.
- Install and prepare applications on servers for new clients or as part of Integrations projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Science or related field.
- Proficiency in working with all Microsoft Windows environments, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft .NET, all Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft SQL Server (2000+), basic to intermediate networking architecture, and VPN and remote connectivity software.
- Proficiency in analyzing Microsoft C#, Visual Basic, Visual Basic Script, and SQL queries.
- Proactive with the ability to investigate and diagnose complex computer, technical, and programmatic issues and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative with demonstrated troubleshooting, follow-through, and critical thinking skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers from different backgrounds (end users, IT technicians, managers, and executives) with a friendly and professional demeanor. Previous customer service experience is required.
- Familiarity with ConnectShip Progistics, FedEx FSMS, DHL Express Cyclone, UPS SCS Gemini, Endicia Label Server, other carrier software packages, and or the Transportation & Logistics industry is very helpful.
Job Type: Full-time