Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Answer all Support Desk calls and emails from customers and create detailed service tickets in ConnectWise PSA with all information that will help facilitate a diagnosis and resolution.
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve assigned service tickets relating to software and technologies such as: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, VB Script code, Logistyx Software, ConnectShip Progistics, FedEx FSMS, DHL Express Cyclone, UPS SCS Gemini, Endicia Label Server, and others.
- Install software upgrades and patches for any software packages supported by the customer’s Service Level Agreement.
- Work with vendor software support technicians to resolve issues.
- Quickly determine if a service ticket will require escalation and provide all necessary information to senior support.
- Maintain communication with the customer until the issue is resolved.
- Maintain assigned service ticket statuses and keep written record of work performed in ConnectWise PSA.
- Provide 24/7 on call support technician on a rotating one week period for emergency Paid Support or Platinum Support Contract holders.
- Install and prepare applications on servers for new clients or as part of Integrations projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Science or related field.
- Proficiency in working with all Microsoft Windows environments, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft .NET, all Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft SQL Server (2000+), basic to intermediate networking architecture, and VPN and remote connectivity software.
- Proficiency in analyzing Microsoft C#, Visual Basic, Visual Basic Script, and SQL queries.
- Proactive with the ability to investigate and diagnose complex computer, technical, and programmatic issues and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative with demonstrated troubleshooting, follow-through, and critical thinking skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers from different backgrounds (end users, IT technicians, managers, and executives) with a friendly and professional demeanor. Previous customer service experience is required.
- Familiarity with ConnectShip Progistics, FedEx FSMS, DHL Express Cyclone, UPS SCS Gemini, Endicia Label Server, other carrier software packages, and or the Transportation & Logistics industry is very helpful.
Job Type: Full-time