Logistyx Technologies Research: 89% of Domestic Shippers Use Parcel Services for Priority Shipments
New survey and report, published with Logistics Management highlights latest parcel shipping trends and last-mile fulfillment strategies
Chicago – (March 10, 2020) – Logistyx Technologies, the leader in transportation management for parcel shipping, recently released “Using TMS to Reimagine Last-Mile Fulfilment,” a research report in partnership with Logistics Management detailing e-commerce’s significant impact on the supply chain, current parcel shipping trends, and how technology is helping companies formulate their last-mile fulfillment strategies.
The online survey conducted for this report sought to learn more about shippers’ e-commerce strategies, the obstacles they face and the solutions they use to overcome these challenges. Findings from the report include:
- Sixty-nine percent of respondents feel that e-commerce has had an impact on their organizations and that it’s led to an increase in their parcel shipping.
- Over the last two years, both domestic (59%) and international shippers (57%) have seen increases in their parcel shipment volumes.
- When shipping priority and expedited parcels, 89% of respondents shipping domestically are using parcel services, while 73% are using air, 75% rely on less-than-truckload (LTL) and 49% utilize truckload (TL).
- To combat rising parcel costs, 52% of respondents are working with fewer carrier partners, 39% are consolidating shipments, and 38% are optimizing their internal resources (i.e., labor or equipment) or improving their decision-making and planning in order to reduce shipping costs.
- Sixty percent of companies using a transportation management system (TMS) find it to be either “extremely” or “very” effective at helping them streamline their parcel shipping operations.
- Across both domestic and international shippers, 29% of companies are currently using a TMS.
“The growth of e-commerce will continue to push shippers towards more advanced and efficient technology to help keep costs low while they work to meet customers’ delivery expectations,” said Logistyx President Ken Fleming. “The survey documented a greater reliance on ground parcel carrier services as opposed to costlier guaranteed services like air, and this shows many shippers understand the value of using lower cost carrier services when those services can satisfy customers and meet delivery timeframes while containing costs.”
Logistyx TME is a cloud TMS for global parcel shipping that guarantees carrier compliance, streamlines transportation execution, monitors parcel delivery movements and identifies ongoing opportunities to increase profits per shipment. Logistyx optimizes carrier service selection and empowers shippers to deploy a more strategic, global transportation strategy to track parcel movements, provide delivery transparency and proactively respond to unexpected events.
Visit https://pages.peerlessmedia.com/wp-rb-logistix-lm-3420/ to download the full report.
Analysis for the report was drawn from an online survey by Peerless Research Group on behalf of Logistics Management for Logistyx Technologies. All 143 respondents were Logistics Management magazine subscribers and were prequalified for being involved in decisions regarding domestic and/or global parcel shipping operations for their company. Roughly one-half of respondents are employed in manufacturing, while others work in wholesale, e-commerce consulting and retail as primarily top logistics or distribution managers, corporate executives, purchasing managers and warehouse/distribution center managers at businesses of all sizes. Sixty-seven percent of the companies surveyed ship both domestically and internationally, while 31% only work in the U.S. and 2% only ship internationally. The mix of international and domestic shippers helped create a global representation for the survey.
About Logistyx Technologies
Logistyx Technologies is the leader in Transportation Management for parcel shipping, providing an unmatched global multi-carrier network, predictive analytics and full visibility into customer deliveries. Its software boosts parcel shipping efficiencies and other business KPIs for many of the world’s top manufacturers, retailers and logistics providers.
Logistyx’s flagship software, TME, is the world’s first single engine specifically designed for parcel shipping. With more than 8,500 carrier service integrations globally, TME provides carrier compliance, predictive analytics and tracking on shipping from start to finish.
Headquartered in Chicago, Logistyx Technologies also has U.S. offices in St. Louis and Tulsa, Okla. and international offices in Canada, the Netherlands, the U.K. and Singapore. For more information, visit www.Logistyx.com.
– # # # –
Addie Reed, PR Return Inc.