Parcel volumes are surging. Carrier capacity is tight. Surcharges have been announced and your transportation spend is about to take a hit. You know it’s time to find the best multi-carrier parcel management software available, but the number of options and information can be overwhelming. Where should you start?
Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of resources to help you identify your needs, streamline your technology options, and ultimately find the “best fit” multi-carrier parcel management system for your organization.
What is the “Best Fit?”
A multi-carrier parcel management platform that works well for one organization may not work well for another. Carrier networks vary. Fulfillment scenarios differ. Customs and cross-border regulations diverge from one region to the next. Therefore, for large enterprises tackling complex distribution scenarios and same-day/next-day delivery expectations, there is no “one size fits all” approach to parcel shipping. Instead, your goal is to find the “best fit” multi-carrier parcel management software for your organization.
To help kick off your search for this “best fit” technology, you can watch vendor webinars or attend industry conferences (virtually!). You can also read case studies and download white papers. And of course you can talk to multi-carrier parcel management experts about the solutions they recommend.
Here are some of our specific resources to help:
- The Logistyx Quadrant: This resource helps you assess your current shipping operations and identify both the necessary features and functionality you need in a multi-carrier parcel management system today, as well as critical tools and technology for meeting your longer-term objectives.
- Checklist: Choose the Right TMS for Parcel Shipping: This checklist defines the essential elements of an effective multi-carrier parcel management system: a large carrier services network, an open platform, multiple integration options, control tower and real-time reporting, cloud architecture, and more. Organizations that seek to implement technology with these features meet their parcel shipping KPIs and optimize their return on investment.
- Quick Guide: Critical Capabilities of a TMS for Parcel Shipping: This guide provides an overview of “must have” features and functionality in a multi-carrier parcel management system to streamline order fulfillment operations and achieve cost-effective, on-time delivery.
- How to Select the Right Shipping System for your Business: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3: This series of blog posts outlines what multi-carrier parcel management technology is and why now is the right time to make an investment. The series explains why major manufacturers, retailers, and 3PLs use this technology to scale their parcel shipping operations and power their order fulfillment strategies, and it offers tips for building a business case for a multi-carrier parcel management system within your organization.
- Multi-Carrier Parcel Management Case Studies: To understand what you need from multi-carrier parcel management technology; it may help to read about real-life use cases. Logistyx’s customer case studies reveal real and relatable ways manufacturers, retailers, and 3PLs use multi-carrier parcel management systems to scale parcel shipping volumes, streamline parcel shipping execution, and optimize transportation spend.
- Logistyx Research Solutions: These research pages are designed to help you discover the parcel shipping information that’s important to you. They provide useful background and insights upon which you can rely when researching your options, developing an RFP, and evaluating vendors.
- Analyst Reviews: Industry analysts help businesses identify the best supply chain technology for their needs. Gartner, for example, provides real-time industry intelligence and makes technology recommendations and vendor introductions for their clients. Their research and consulting services can be invaluable in your multi-carrier parcel management system search.
Where does Logistyx fit?
Built for high velocity parcel shippers by industry experts, Logistyx TME is powerful, versatile technology – and the right fit is just as important to us as it is to you. We want to ensure every Logistyx TME customer is set up for success, and so we too look for “best fit.”
Here are some of the criteria we use:
- You need an open platform.
A multi-carrier parcel management system with an open platform will expedite data mapping. This will give you flexibility in integrating with other systems, such as an ERP, WMS, and/or OMS. You’ll be able to seamlessly exchange data with these business-critical systems without building custom UIs and ultimately, you’ll improve the time to value of your investment and optimize the infrastructure for your business long-term in the cloud, in the data center, and in your tech stack.
- (See #1 above). You are interested in integrating your multi-carrier parcel management system with other enterprise technology.
Logistyx TME can be integrated with your existing supply chain technology stack, amplifying the ROI of your technology assets and optimizing your end-to-end order fulfillment workflows. Logistyx offers both “out-of-the-box” as well as custom integrations, allowing you to build the supply chain ecosystem that meets your needs.
- You want more than a platform; you want a partnership.
Your parcel shipping needs will change over time. Consider what’s transpired in the last six months alone! Logistyx wants to be a reliable part of your team both today and as you navigate the shipping landscape ahead. We see our client relationships as partnerships, and we are committed to our customers’ long-term success. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service and support, and we take the trust our customers have in our teams and in our technology seriously.
- You want industry expertise.
Logistyx is oft-recognized for its innovation and industry leadership. Recent awards include the 2020 SaaS Awardin the category “Best SaaS for Shipping, Inventory or Vehicle Logistics,” the Silver StevieÒ Award in the Company of the Year – Computer Software category, the 2020 FedEx Diamond and Platinum Tier Awards, and the #1 Fulfillment Software Provider to Internet Retailer’s Top 1000 Retailers. We regularly contribute articles and thought leadership via our blog and in industry publications, and we are proud of our leadership team, which is consistently recognized for their talent and expertise.
Where do you fit?
If you have questions or would like to schedule a demo of Logistyx TME, contact a Logistyx expert today. We’re looking forward to helping you analyze your needs and determine which multi-carrier parcel management system is the best fit for you.