As customer demands and expectations shift, businesses are exploring new shipping options to keep pace. In his latest article at Supply & Demand Chain Executive – “Expanding the Carrier Definition for Modern Parcel Shipping” – Logistyx President Ken Fleming explores how retailers like Walgreens are turning to the gig economy to improve delivery times and customer service alike.
Ken also provides six questions businesses must answer before businesses know whether they’re ready for gig economy deployment:
- Does your inventory strategy accommodate ship-from-store fulfillment?
- Is your current software stack (inventory management system, warehouse management system, order management system) set up to accommodate the new approach?
- Do you have the right carrier/courier relationships in place? Which are available in your service areas, and which are the most popular?
- Do you have enough carrier relationships in place to handle potentially unexpected order volume?
- Are you working with a multi-carrier shipping technology provider that can accommodate gig economy carriers?
- Does your multi-carrier shipping software track and trace deliveries to ensure these new carriers meet contracted service levels?
Read Ken’s full article at Supply & Demand Chain Executive to understand how the gig economy has expanded the traditional definition of a carrier and learn more about multi-carrier management in our webinar, Embrace the Unprecedented Pace and Scale of Parcel Shipping Technology.